He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it, is really cooperating with it. -Rev Dr Martin Luther King Jr
Each of us CAN do something. We have time, money and/or talents that can make a difference.
1. Learn See EVENTS page to come to Domestic Human Trafficking 101 & Volunteer Training. Read the facts on our page The Issue, read a book: The White Umbrella by Mary Frances Bowley, Courageous Compassion by Beth Grant, Compelled by Tomi Grover, Stolen: A True Story of a Sex Trafficking Survivor by Katariina Rosenblatt, Don’t Rush to Get Old by Olivia Jackson and/or watch a movie: Nefarious, Chosen, Sex + Money or In Plain Sight. Its real and its happening EVERYWHERE, even in your county.
2. Prevention Follow & Share RRC Facebook page, Twitter; @ToRedeem, sign up for our newsletter here. P Male, Female, Young Adult, Community Leader, etc. Watch for these possible identifiers of a victim being groomed by a trafficker: Buys them expensive items, new older boyfriend, visits or parties out of area, dress becomes less appropriate, plans of modeling or stripping, willingness to engage in illegal activity for dream, jealous or controlling boyfriend/friend, starts breaking rules & being truant.
3. PRAY We need God’s favor, power, wisdom and protection as we try to fight human trafficking. God’s heart is for the oppressed and alone. Isaiah 1:17 says “Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.” Do not minimize the importance of your prayers. Pray for service providers (like Redeem and Restore Center), street outreach teams, advocacy groups, the victims and the victimizers’. Join our monthly prayer group emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Talk to your local representatives Review your states laws and ratings in regards to Human Trafficking. You can email them the state analysis and recommendations for policy changes found on Shared Hope and Polaris Project websites. Then schedule a meeting to discuss further.
5. Volunteer and use your talents Contact Us to volunteer your time in simple tasks or in more skilled areas of your expertise. We need volunteers for: social media, marketing, fundraising, writing grants, artists, videographers, networking, event planning, volunteer training and more! #EverybodyCanDoSomething
6. Give & Support Every donation counts and makes a difference. Some business’ double your contributions- Check with your company! Give once in a while or give regularly. Participate in one of our fundraiser events and inviting your friends & coworkers. (Our regular monthly givers are what will keep RRC moving!)
Or Shopping on AmazonSmile:
Click on Logo and shop. Same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service. Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Redeem and Restore Center Inc whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
7. Pay Attention Many legitimate-seeming businesses serve as fronts for human trafficking include: massage parlors, nail salons, restaurants, strip clubs, and door to door selling business’. Also, pay attention when staying at hotels; much of the sex trafficking appointments happen in hotels. If you find anything suspicious, report your findings to law enforcement or Hotline below.
8. Hang Posters Speak to your local business’ and truck stops asking to hang up warning signs about Human Trafficking that include the National Hotline number
9. Business Involvement Talk to your place of business, agency or organization about having Redeem and Restore Center presenting an awareness day, providing pro-Bono services to victims, or hosting a program that would match employee donation dollar for dollar.
10. School System Contact your PTA, School Counselor, Principal and school district to have RRC come and do a presentation of Chosen for the staff and then plan a future event to invite students and parents. (This 20 minute documentary was prepared for schools, adolescents and families)
11. Host a Dinner or Event At your church or home. Invite RRC to give a presentation. *Invite your friends & neighbors to hear about what is happening in our own backyard. *Watch a 20 minute documentary: CHOSEN *Time of Q & A *Appropriate for age 12 & up *Appreciation Gift for Host, prizes and gifts for guests too! *NO pressure to give money
12. Think Outside the Box Plan your own fundraising/awareness event. Use your creativity and talents!
Awareness leads to Prevention, Intervention and Restoration
There is hope! We have seen lives amazingly transformed! From walking dead to beautiful glowing human beings! We can provide the opportunities for this transformation!
RRC needs you! We need funds to purchase land and a home and to operate it. We will need a lot of volunteers to prepare to open and keep everything running. Thank you, for whatever detail, you can do to fill a need. Fill out Contact Page to join with us!